google-site-verification: googlee16c7726ecc34510.html

Food Truck/Trailer Information

Mobile Food Preparation Vehicles (MFPVs) are required to obtain an operational permit if producing smoke or grease-laden vapors. The information below is intended to guide operators on how to obtain the required inspections and permits and ensure safe operation in the community.

When We Require an Operational Permit for MFPVs

An operational permit is required for any MFPV which produces smoke or grease-laden vapors. Here's a quick reference guide for when you'll need to obtain an operational permit:

Do you currently hold a business license for your MFPV?
Yes - You must obtain an operational permit at your next business license renewal.
No - You must obtain an operational permit during your business license application process.

When does this rule go into effect?
MFPVs with a business license issued on or after December 1, 2022 must have an operational permit if they produce smoke or grease-laden vapors. 

How to receive an operational permit and successfully complete an inspection:
If you HAVE a current FMAC Certificate of Inspection you will need to provide a copy to the Fire Inspector you meet with. 
If you DO NOT HAVE a current FMAC Certificate of Inspection you will need to follow these steps:
  1. Schedule a meeting with an Fire Inspector at 303.326.8998 or [email protected].
  2. Meetings with Fire Inspectors are by appointment only Monday - Friday, please choose from 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. appointment.
  3. During the meeting a Fire Inspector will conduct an inspection of the MFPV using the FMAC checklist.

Tips for Safe Operation of MFPVs

City of Aurora | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.